How to Get Rid of Bad Breath Permanently
Bad breath can put a damper on anyone’s lifestyle. However, bad breath is easily correctable, if handled in the correct manner. Here are 9 sure-fire ways to cut down on your bad breath.
8 Ways To Eliminate Bad Breath
- Keep your brush schedule up to date. Brushing reduces the number of bacteria that builds up in your mouth overnight, and throughout the day. These bacteria handle bad breath, so it’s important to keep them at minimal levels.
- Scrape your tongue. Many people forget about the tongue while brushing. However unbeknownst to them, the tongue can also harbor harmful bacteria that can affect the quality of your breath.
- Be Careful of low carb diets. A diet that is low enough in carbs can induce a state called ketosis. During this state, ketones are released into your bloodstream; these ketones can cause a breath that is often describe as fruity or metallic.
- Stay hydrated to prevent bad breath. Dehydration is one of the leading causes of bad breath. Upping your water intake will keep your mouth moisturized and clean.
- Eat more leafy greens to help clean up your mouth. Herbs and vegetables can help get rid of food debris that may be stuck behind your molars or gums.
- This one is a bit obvious, but there is a trick to it. Chew gum, but it must be sugar-free gum. Bacteria feed off sugar, so it is best to only chew sugar-free gum to get the greatest effect.
- Switch your toothbrush out if you are experiencing chronic bad breath. A toothbrush can carry hundreds of thousands of bacteria if not cleaned regularly. Dipping your brush in some alcohol can easily kill the bacteria on your toothbrush.
- Visit your dentist for a bi-annual checkup. You may be suffering from a gum disease if your bad breath is not clearing up even after proper hygienic care.
If you need more information, contact our local dental office near you at Yonge Eglinton Dental Care, or book your appointment with us today!