5 of Your Bad Oral Habits You Need to Break ASAP
We all know how important it is to get regular dental checkups done. But did you ever think what is causing you spend more money at dental clinics? Or is there any way you could be saving all that money? The simple answer is yes you can, provided you break the bad oral habits as soon as possible. Most people are unaware of their bad oral habits which impacts their dental health. It is better to consult a Dentist in Toronto ON who can guide you on oral habits that might be affecting your dental health.
What Impacts Your Oral Health Negatively?
- If you use a toothbrush with hard bristles, it may hurt your gums and make your teeth sensitive. Due to prolonged use, the brush may also separate the gums from teeth. This will expose the roots, leading to more sensitivity or even tooth loss.
- Smoking is not good for your overall health and your teeth are no exception to that. According to dentist of Yonge Eglinton near Toronto, quitting bad habit can immediately reduce your chances of developing oral cancer along with other dreadful diseases such as lung cancer, cardiac ailments, painful lesions in mouth and the like.
- People who brush twice a day often ignore flossing. While your brush can clean the surface of your teeth and corners, it can’t reach in between the teeth. The buildup of plaque can lead to decaying in the long run. Flossing at least once a day will also help in getting rid of the bad breath.
- Some people use their teeth for a variety of purposes such as uncapping a bottle, removing price tags, opening a bag of chips or sweets, etc. This can be really harmful and may even fracture or chip off your teeth.
- Avoid grinding your teeth over each other as it can result into a serious issue not only for your teeth but also for your temporomandibular joint. Grinding teeth can cause broken and fractured teeth in the long run.